WELCOME To My New Web Site!

In Blog

Welcome to my brand new web site. I am very happy with the new look. I have kept it simple, assuming that most of you want to find here (a) what is new and upcoming (b) all the books and novellas I have written, with clear BUY links so that you can go and buy them without having to hunt around, and (c) some details about me and my life outside of writing. You can find all these things here. Also you can contact me through my guest book, join the email fan list through which I can also communicate with readers and readers can communicate with me, and read and comment upon my blogs. I have not been great about writing blog posts in the past few years, but I plan to mend my ways and post something here at least once a week. Time will tell whether I keep that resolution or not!

You can see at the top of Home Page what is to be published during the rest of 2018–one new book (SOMEONE TO TRUST), one ebook republication (A DARING MASQUERADE), and the all-in-one bumper print and ebook  (A VERY SPECIAL CHRISTMAS). It is a republication of A CHRISTMAS BRIDE and the five-novella anthology, UNDER THE MISTLETOE. I know many of you are eager for my old, out-of-print books to be available again, and many of them already are, as Class Ebook editions. There have been only three this year, but there are no fewer than SEVEN scheduled for 2019. Maybe my next blog post will be about those and when exactly they will be published.

I hope you will enjoy my personal page, with new pictures of my family (great-grands Mia, Kade, and Melody, in the picture above). I consulted them all so that I could choose pictures they wanted to see here. Do write something in my guest book. I always love to hear from you, and I answer most messages before posting them. I also strip email addresses so that they are never shown publicly.

Happy reading.

Mary Balogh

Recent Posts
Showing 31 comments
  • Karen Barber

Love the website and the blog. And a delight to read about your life and how you became a writer. Thanks for sharing your talent with us in your wonderful books. I look forward to reading many more in the years to come!

• Colleen Power

Hi Ms Balogh, many years a fan. I’m an army brat and attracted especially to your gallant officers and enlisted men. Have your considered a story based upon Colonel Jason Huxatable? Who turned down Madeline in the Web series? Seemed a gallant man of much good sense.

• marybalogh

Thank you, Colleen. I seem to have a number of left-over characters readers would like to see have a story of their own. I will have to look back to the WEB books to find this colonel. I have never considered him as a hero of his own story, but one never knows…

• Mary T

I am a fan of almost 10 years. I discovered you in my local library shortly after I retired. I’m glad to hear that you plan to start blogging again. I was sad when you stopped posting them, but I understood. BTW love your new website.

• Annette N

I love this list of books. I will have to go upstairs to check, because I believe I have several of these older books. I have been gathering as many of them as I can find. I look forward to filling in the gaps.

And the blog site is wonderful. Thanks for this heads up.

• anjelka aggio

I have read and loved most of your books but most especially the bedwyn series. Is there not some lost relative to be added to the family?

• Barbara Ostarch

I don’t consider your books “Romance.” To me, they are stories of people’s struggles and their ultimate happiness. Your characters possess a depth not often seen in “Romance” novels. Rather than bodice-ripping there is insight into the human condition. I admire how you depict all aspects of love: romantic, familial, patriotic, unrequited, noble, secret and sometime unhealthful. All your books reflect the societal realities of their era: rigid rules, of behavior, the class system, the effects of war, attitudes toward the disabled, and so forth. But the characters! Oh! the characters! I can see them roll their eyes, sneer, smile, laugh and love.

• Ann Lodge

I agree with Barbara Ostarch. I have been reading your books for about a year and think they should be called novels rather than romances. I live in Australia and find that they are not readily available, there seems to be only one distributor.
      I doubt however, that your aristocrats would say “it gives me the shudders” or “anytime soon”. I find these phrases in all your books without fail and think any good governess or tutor would prevent heros and heroines from using either.
      Sorry, but they jar rather and spoil the books for me. Otherwise, I really like the books and marvel that you can keep on thinking up the stories and characters. I am looking forward to your new novel due out next month and have placed an order for it.

• Katherine Waynert

I would love to have your bag. I have three books coming in the mail, and how will I carry them?

• Dawn Miller

Hi , my name is Dawn. I thoroughly enjoy your books and look forward to the next one coming out. I’ve always enjoyed romance books from my teenage years to date. It started with Georgette Heyer. I will continue to enjoy romance books. Please keep them coming.

• Myra Hornberger

I love to read romance as a balm to the dread realities of real living. For me, I escape to a time of elegance and wit. Your writing makes me cry, laugh and hope for brighter moments. As I age I find in a good romance the seeds for understanding life, a perspective that lifts depression and nurtures hope. Those lovely young people have such hope. Wish there were romances for more seniors, second chances after a long life.

• Anna Harkness

I’ve read all of your books ( I think ) and share them with my cousin when I’ve finished them. I always tell her that I want them back.

• Karol mclean

I am reading the Bedwyn series right now and so far they cover all of the Duke’s brothers and sisters. What about the Duke. Is there a romance for him? I know he marries but which book is his story?

• marybalogh

Wulfric’s story is told in SLIGHTLY DANGEROUS, Karol McLean–probably my most popular book.

• Dianne Mohprasit

I love the new web site. I am also delighted more e-books are coming. I actually have every book you have written and loved all of them but, as I have grown older, I like the convenience of my kindle. I have bought now bought all of the e-books. I hope you keep the books coming. Thank you for many hours of inspiring and enjoyable reading.

• Margaret Rathfon

I’ve been a fan for quite awhile and know that when I pick up one of your books, I’m going into a mini-seclusion until I’m done. Just finished reading A Precious Jewel. You delivered on the “ending”, which was really their new “beginning”. Wonderful spin on how 2 people can meet under unusual circumstances and grow to love and trust one another. I am now semi-retired and about to make a final move from the South to Northern Indiana next spring. Thank goodness I already own so many books to re-read and the first place I checked out was their library. Very nice, thank you.

Thank you for having the talent to write, the guts to keep them coming off the presses and to take the chance on writing about such a match as in A Precious Jewel.

• Yvonne Jones

I absolutely love all your books and I have been known to shed a tear in some especially Longing, my favourite.
    I must say how amazing it is to have your talent to be able to come up with story after story.
    Most authors are amazing people.
    I love your photo of your grand children so cute.

• Elisa Cotcher

Have been reading your books for years and can’t wait each time a new book comes out. There are so many times I was unable to put one of your books down. I have stayed up all night to finish a book and wanted it to go on, when it came to an end. LOVE your work! Love following you and your posts on Facebook.

• gwyn beams

well it wasnt easy but thanks to your instructions i am here.i really enjoy your book and writing to all you uthors about them just wish sometimes was easier for us who werent raised on computers and have trouble figuring out how to do things.at least you explained how some dont thanks.

• Marie Watt

I love your books, Slightly Dangerous being my favorite. I love how you turn what characters see as their weakness into their saving strength. I hope you continue to write more and more!

• Irena Kocjančič

Today, I am reading The Dora Debbings story and George, The Duke. The Surviviors Club Series is great. When i have a bad day, I reread your old stories. They are like medecine for me. Thank you.

• Judy Smith

The cover is lovely and the title is intriguing! Thanks for entering my name into the contest.

• Valerie Roope

I absolutely love your books and I really love a villain who can be redeemed at the end or in another book. Gives me hope and I really love a happy ever after in my books and really love yours. Loved Heartless but that is only one of the bestest books on my list haha. Thanks for entering my name in to the contest.

• Carole Morgan

Have been reading and rereading your books for about 20 years. Loved the Slightly series with Slightly Dangerous my favorite. Also loved the First Come series. My favorite there was Con’s story. And I adored the survivors series. The book about George, the Duke, was my favorite. But I love all your books. Have read all of them more than once and some up to 4 times. Can’t wait for Someone to Trust. Keep writing and I will keep buying and reading.

• Jill Delahoy

I have been a long time reader of your books. As I am in Australia I had to wait a while till they were in the shops. This time I have resisted reading the Someone Series until Someone to Trust comes as I plan to have a weekend blitz on them, turn out lights, park the car elsewhere and have a lovely uninterrupted time. These books are beside my bed and each day I resist until after 27 November when I get Someone to Trust. Now I find you have a Someone to Understand coming! I have discovered Booktopia so will pre-order it as soon as possible.

I loved the Survivor’s last book with George & Dora, also the last of the Simply Series. I too read the books over and over!

• marybalogh

Do note, Jill Delahoy, that the book I originally called SOMEONE TO UNDERSTAND has had a title change to SOMEONE TO HONOR. It is due for publication in November, 2019.

• Tina Cuellar

I’ve been a fan for at least 20 years! I’ve read your books over and over. My favorite book is Tangled. That story is so haunting and full of pain; like life. However, love conquers in the end. I just received Someone To Trust therefore I’m getting ready to immerse myself in that book. Thanks for sharing photos of your great grandchildren. The best to you and your family during the upcoming holidays.

• Delia C. Aguipo

Hi Ms. Balogh. I’m one of your biggest fans! I hope to read all your books especially the old ones which get me frustrated because I couldn’t find them.

• marybalogh

Thank you, Delia C. Aguipo. More and more of the old ones are coming available again as ebooks–see the books page at my web site. There will be six more coming in 2019.

• Le Moore

I just finished reading your book “Someone to Trust.” I have found all of your Wescott novels so interesting to read. I hope their story will continue with one or more of the books you have planned for next year! Thank you for writing such intriguing books.

• Gloria Jones

I have read and reread all of your books and have just finished Someone to Trust. They are my go to option if I have something on my mind that I need to forget about. This happened just recently and they were a real saviour to me. Thank you for this and I am looking forward already to the next book, please just keep writing!